Mary provides relationship counselling for couples coping with life’s everyday challenges. She helps couples identify where they are stuck, and empowers them to break destructive patterns. Relationships are often started with enthusiasm and curiosity, and then left to go on automatic pilot, when in fact they require constant nurturing and attention.
Counselling sessions include the processing of these emotions, while also learning practical coping methods to feel more connected to oneself and one’s partner. Stress management, communication skills, and learning how to fight fairly are also emphasized in order to regain a sense of hope, connection and intimacy. Mary has training in the Gottman Method www.gottman.com and has completed the Externship training program in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy www.iceft.com
All relationships reach a stage when it feels stagnant. It takes a lot of courage to admit that it might be time to seek the advice of a relationship counsellor.
Are you and your partner stuck in destructive patterns of communication?
Do you feel lonely, even though you are in a relationship?
Do you feel like your partner doesn’t hear or understand you?
Is your relationship lacking connection and/or intimacy?
Are you thinking of separation or divorce?
Mary provides counselling for the following issues:
- thinking about moving in with or marrying your partner
- relationship strain during fertility challenges/treatment
- grief in a relationship after recurrent miscarriage
- adjusting to parenthood/understanding postpartum depression
- blending families after divorce/separation
- repeating patterns of misunderstanding between partners
- patterns of arguing and disagreement in your relationship
- issues relating to intimacy and communication
- loneliness within a relationship
- contemplating separation or divorce